The Acquisitions & Appraisal Section’s next Third Thursday Twitter chat will take place December 15, 2016, 7:00-8:00 pm Eastern/4:00-5:00 pm Pacific. Join us for a conversation about appraising research data. We’ll be joined by Heidi Imker and Elise Dunham from the Research Data Service at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, who will share their perspectives on research data appraisal in the context of emerging data management practices. Questions we’ll be asking to get the conversation going include:
- Are you responsible for appraising research data at your institution?
- If not, how are you engaging in discussions about data appraisal at your institution?
- What types of data are you working with and appraising?
- What resources do you turn to when appraising data and would recommend?
- Does your institution have retention schedules or guidelines for data?
- How can archival practice inform the appraisal of data?
To join the conversation, follow @AppraisalSAA and use the hashtag #appraisethis.
Missed the last chat? See the recap here: https://appraisalsaa.wordpress.com/2016/10/26/recap-third-thursday-on-all-things-appraisal/
We hope you’ll join the conversation!