The next Third Thursday chat on Twitter is fast approaching!
Join the A&A Section along with members of the SAA Records Management Section on Thursday, February 16th to discuss the relationships between records management and that of appraisal and acquisition practices.
We’ll be asking questions such as:
- Who is responsible for records management (RM) at your institution? Is RM part of the archives? If not, where is it?
- How do you appraise records as part of your RM responsibilities?
- What kinds of obstacles do you face when bringing RM contexts to your appraisal work? How have you overcome them?
- What is one important appraisal concern that RMs think should be discussed more?
- What advice would you give to an archivist looking to set up (or coordinate) with a records management program? What do you wish you’d known/want to know more about?
- Where do you turn for news and information relevant to RMs and appraisal?
Twitter chat runs for an hour at 4:00 PM Pacific/ 5:00 Mountain/ 6:00 Central/ 7:00 Eastern.
Follow @Appraisalsaa and use the hashtag #appraisethis to see the conversation.
We look forward to chatting with you!