Join us April 19 at 7pm EST for a twitter chat on collection development and acquisition policies! We’ll be asking the archives community to weigh in on the following questions:
- Do you think collection development or acquisition policies are necessary?
- After reading through the survey at http://bit.ly/2rtGwr2, any initial thoughts or feedback?
- Do the survey results represent your institution accurately?
- The data indicates many often have little influence on writing a policy, what would increase your ability to influence it more?
- Do you think these kinds of policies should be easily available, such as on institutional websites? Why or why not?
- For those whose policies need revision before uploading, could the A&A section offer some assistance? In what form?
- For those whose institution lack policies, what would help you get those written?
- Could the A&A section offer assistance to get that process jump-started?
- What do you think are best practices in the creation of collection development policies?
If you missed the conversation, a recap is now available at Chat_20180319_AcquisitionsPolicies