The Acquisitions and Appraisal Section is seeking nominations for candidates to run for the following positions:
– Vice-Chair / Chair-Elect
– Steering Committee At-Large Member- 2 positions available
In order to be nominated for these positions, one must be both a member of the Society of American Archivists and a member of the Acquisitions and Appraisal Section.
The duties of these positions are as follows:
Vice Chair/Chair Elect:
· Once elected, the Vice Chair serves for one year as vice chair (2014-2015), beginning at the conclusion of the SAA Annual Meeting. During this time, the Vice Chair assists with communication and outreach efforts, takes minutes at Section meetings, and acts as the chair in the absence of the Section Chair.
· At the conclusion of the 2014 Annual Meeting, the Vice Chair then assumes the role of Chair for the next year (2015-2016), and subsequently, as Past Chair (2016-2017).
· While serving as Chair, this person will preside at meetings of the Section and the steering committee; coordinate Section-proposed sessions for the annual meeting and section endorsements; and with other officers sets the Section’s agenda for the year. The chair also represents the Section in its relations with SAA in general and with the Council and other groups within the Society; appoints Section committees as needed; and coordinates preparation of an annual report of Section activities and submits it to the SAA executive office.
· While serving as the Past Chair, this person will be responsible for chairing the Nominating Committee for that year’s section election. In each role, this person is expected to attend the SAA Annual Meeting.
Steering Committee Members (At large):
· These members will serve two-year terms (2014-2016), eligible for reelection to a second term.
· May serve on the Nominating Committee, assist in planning the Section meeting program, assist in planning annual meeting sessions of interest to the Section, or other responsibilities as assigned. They also participate in discussion of Section business and are expected to attend the annual meeting.
Nominations are due May 23, 2014; candidate information will be due by June 14. Elections will be held online in summer of 2014, prior to the annual meeting in August.
You are invited to nominate yourself or someone else for any of the above positions. Please include name, email address, phone number, and institution (if available) of the suggested candidate. Candidates must be members of the Acquisitions and Appraisal Section to be considered for election. Please send suggestions for candidates to all members of the Nominating Committee by May 23, 2014