Update: Deadline for nominations has been extended to May 28!
The Acquisitions and Appraisal Section has openings for three positions on the steering committee:
- Steering Committee At-Large Member (2 positions available)
In order to be nominated for these positions, candidates must be a member of the Society of American Archivists and a member of the Acquisitions and Appraisal Section at the time of nomination.
The duties of these positions are as follows:
Vice Chair/Chair-Elect (1 position):
- The Vice Chair serves a one-year term (2018-2019), beginning at the conclusion of the SAA Annual Meeting. The Vice Chair assists with communication and outreach efforts, producing and overseeing communications. The Vice Chair takes minutes at Section meetings; acts as the chair in the absence of the Section Chair; organizes the program in conjunction with the steering committee for the annual Section meeting; and contributes occasionally to subcommittee work.
- At the conclusion of the 2019 Annual Meeting, the Vice Chair assumes the role of Chair for the following year (2019-2020), and subsequently as Immediate Past Chair (2020-2021).
- The Chair presides at meetings of the Section and the steering committee; coordinates Section-proposed sessions for the SAA Annual Meeting and section endorsements; and sets the Section’s agenda for the year with assistance from the Section leadership team. The Chair serves as Section representative with respect to SAA, SAA Council, and other groups within SAA; appoints Section subcommittees as needed; and coordinates the preparation of an annual report of Section activities and submits it to the SAA executive office.
- The Immediate Past Chair is responsible for chairing the Nominating Committee for that year’s section election.
- In each role, this person is expected to attend the SAA Annual Meeting and recurring section meetings (at least four per year).
- The time commitment for this role is estimated at 5 hours per month.
Steering Committee Members (2 positions):
- Members serve two-year terms (2018-2020), eligible for reelection to a second term.
- Members co-chair at least one of the Section subcommittees, regularly attending meetings and reporting back to the Section.
- Members serve on the Nominating Committee, assist in planning annual meeting sessions of interest to the Section, and participate in Section subcommittees (such as the Best Practices Subcommittee). They also participate in discussion of Section business.
- Members are expected to attend the SAA Annual Meeting and recurring section meeting conference calls.
- The time commitment for this role is estimated at a few hours a month.
Please send candidate suggestions to the Nominating Committee by May 20, 2018. Final ballot information will be sent to SAA by June 1, 2018. Elections will be held online in July 2018. For questions and to submit nominations, please contact the Nominating Committee:
- Bethany Anderson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Galloway: email@example.com
- Kira Baker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consider nominating yourself or a colleague! Please include name, email address, and institution (if available) of the suggested candidate.