The Acquisitions and Appraisal Section Steering Committee is pleased to announce an internship opportunity. Please see description, requirements, and application information below. Thanks!
SAA ACQUISITIONS & APPRAISAL SECTION – SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
The Acquisitions and Appraisal Section invites applications for an intern position to manage the social media and communications of the section. The intern will be responsible for developing and maintaining social media and communications efforts under the directorship of the section’s Social Media Subcommittee co-chairs.
This unpaid appointment requires at least one hour of work per week and will run from January 12 thru August , 2015. The intern will help increase and maintain the section’s social media presence and provide support for the section’s official communications. The intern will work closely with the section’s Social Media Subcommittee co-chairs and will be responsible for keeping records of activities and procedures and staying current in acquisition and appraisal issues.
- Current enrollment in a graduate archival education program.
- Knowledge of social media outlets such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.
- Knowledge of and willingness to keep updated with current research, tools, and methods in acquisition and appraisal topics
- Ability to participate in section meetings virtually or in-person. (Please note, the intern is not expected to attend the annual section meeting at SAA, but is expected to attend teleconferences/web conferences held throughout the year).
- Current SAA membership with preference given to section members.
- Ability to manage personal image online.
- Demonstrate initiative and identify new PR opportunities, innovative thinker, able to work independently
- Ability to communicate efficiently in writing
Submit a current resumé along with a brief statement (up to 150 words) on how the section could improve its online presence to the Social Media Subcommittee co-chairs Bethany Anderson, email@example.com, and Mat Darby, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due January 9, 2015. Please contact the co-chairs if you have any questions.